How to Invest Successfully6 March 2020
Why Your Credit Score is Important19 August 2020
Grocery shopping is a significant expense for the majority of households overall budget, but there are ways to make it more affordable. Here are tips to help you save money on your groceries when you are on a budget:
- Go shopping on a full stomach. You’ll buy less snacks or items you do not generally buy and only purchase groceries, no extras and all the excess items.
- Go with a list and stick with it, particularly if your children like to “help”.
- Plan your meals for the week before you shop. Start with planning for 3 or 4 days if all week appears too much.
- Shop just once each week. You will tend to spend more if you stop at the store daily or several times each week.
- Shop if you have energy and aren’t worn out in a busy day. It’s easier to focus and make wise decisions when you have energy.
- Return your cans and bottles for the deposit which you paid. If you have got kids, get them to help with this particular job and allow them to keep the cash they earn.
- Plan foods so you have leftovers for lunch the following day, or freeze leftovers for a fast meal another day.
- Put together your own treats, snacks and juices. Purchase the larger package or snacks and a box of baggies and make your own separately wrapped packs to grab while on the go.
- Clean out your refrigerator and cabinets once a month. Use up what you purchased before purchasing more.
- Organize your food storage cupboards and drawers. If you do not understand what you have or can not find what you purchased, you are going to end up buying more of the same unnecessarily.
- If you stock up, watch expiry dates and pack the food to maintain it as long as needed.
- If you purchase large packages or beef, pre-cook or marinate it and freeze it to speed up meal times. If you know that you have got food ready at home, it’s less tempting to eat at a restaurant.
- Spend a while once a week washing and/or cutting fruit and vegetables. This will speed up lunch and dinner preparations and provide healthy snacks that are all set to go.
- Don’t purchase snacks on the run. They are often less healthy and more expensive.
- Get creative and try new foods. You may find less expensive food that you enjoy just as much!
- Shop using a calculator and include up things as you put them on your cart.
- Learn how to cook or bake. Get help from a family member or take a course.
- Buy non-food grocery items like detergent or trash bags at a discount store.
- Only purchase what you need and can afford; 3-for-1 is only a good deal if you can use three.
- Use shop and manufacturer coupons as soon as you can. Think about using one of those grocery apps on either a tablet or smartphone .
- Remember that smaller sizes can sometimes be a good deal. Do the math, either on your telephone or with your own calculator.
- Don’t automatically think you shouldn’t buy no-name or store brands. Many are made by the brand name companies, just with a different tag.
- Even if it’s”on sale,” it is only a good purchase if you’ll use it!
The one tip that will likely save you the most money when you’re grocery shopping on a budget will be to plan your meals and snacks beforehand. Creating an easy, nutritious, budget-conscious menu program doesn’t have to be challenging. Start with a few dinners, plan for leftovers so you’ve got work lunches, add in some snacks and maintain quick and easy breakfast foods available. Just like with anything new, give it a try before you decide you don’t like it. Saving money and time could be the best thing for you.
Message From This Post’s Sponsor
Whether it is a one-off handyman job or a major project, Vancouver Home Maintenance consistently delivers quality work. Their friendly, trained team gets the work done efficiently and professionally, delivering first-rate service to each of our customers. Every professional that joins VHM is carefully selected for their experience and shared values. They work hard to ensure our team is satisfied and it shows in our can-do attitude and a genuine pride in our work. If you need professional window cleaning services or pressure washing services, give them a try!